Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cook Time: 25 mins.
Total Ingredients: 7
- 3/4 Lb Breakfast Sausage
- 3 Tbsps Butter
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Package Buttermilk Biscuits
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to temperature on back of biscuits package
- Cook buttermilk biscuits to time specified on back of package, when tops become golden brown they are done
- While biscuits are cooking, add breakfast sausage to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned
- When sausage is cooked, remove sausage with slotted spoon to a dinner sized plate and leave drippings in skillet
- Add butter in skillet and stir until butter is fully melted
- Add flour to skillet and stir until smooth
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until light brown
- Gradually whisk in milk a 1/2 cup at a time and cook until thickened
- Season with salt and pepper (to your liking)
- Stir in cooked sausage
- Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes
- Split buttermilk biscuits in half and cover with sausage gravy
- If gravy becomes too think, stir in a a small amount of milk.
- You can always use prepackaged, but I use breakfast sausage from my local grocer meat counter.